Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Tach Issue 2014 Sundeck 188ss

Options
Hello All!! I just purchased a 2014 sundeck sport 188 with a 150 Yamaha. I love the boat and runs great I’ve heard a lot of excellent things about hurricane boats that’s why I went this route. Because it’s a used boat it has a couple issues.  It appears that the tachometer is off between 1000 and 1500 RPMs 45 miles an hour I’m only at 4000 RPMs. I’ve heard about a switch or an adjustment on the back of the tach is this accurate there appears to be a little brown flat head screw but I’m not sure if that’s an adjustment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John in Va

Comments

• jkowals
    jkowals Member Posts: 2
    Options
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's a good chance you have Faria gauges.  If so, I have attached the Faria outboard installation instruction sheet.  My guess is that the small, Phillips head screw is your fine adjustment.  You can always contact Faria to verify:
    Toll Free Technical Support: 800.473.2742
    Technical Support: techsupport@FariaBeede.com

As a suggestion, before making adjustments to the tach, I would verify the reading you are getting now as wide open throttle (WOT) can easily be affected by the size and pitch of your prop. 
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer