Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Nav anchor light switch

Options
Hi,
I just bought a 2003 196 ff. In the nav position of the rocker switch, only the green red nav lights are on, not the white stern light. The stern light does work in the anch position of the rocker switch. Since wiring looks OK, it seems I have a faulty switch; what type and make of switch should I get, and could anyone send me a wiring diagram? Thanks!

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If your helm switches look like this:

They are manufactured by Carling Technologies.  Any Hurricane dealer can get them for you, or from an online supplier.  Here's an online supplier if you need it:

FP Marine

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• TXRobert
    TXRobert Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Interesting. I have 2003 196FF as well. However, in the OFF (Center position) the Nav light is ON. In the NAV position the Nav Light is ON the Stern is OFF (s/b ON). In the ANCH position Nav and Stern or both ON (Nav s/b OFF). Also the Nav light has 3 wires to it orange (Constant 12v), Black (Common), Grey/White Stripe (has 3.9v when in ANCH position, s/b 0v). Either the switch is bad, Diode is bad or Diode is installed backwards. Any Thoughts? Would like a wiring Diagram if one is available. I may just buy a new NAV ON/OFF switch as I don't need all three positions.
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TXRobert said:
    Interesting. I have 2003 196FF as well. However, in the OFF (Center position) the Nav light is ON. In the NAV position the Nav Light is ON the Stern is OFF (s/b ON). In the ANCH position Nav and Stern or both ON (Nav s/b OFF). Also the Nav light has 3 wires to it orange (Constant 12v), Black (Common), Grey/White Stripe (has 3.9v when in ANCH position, s/b 0v). Either the switch is bad, Diode is bad or Diode is installed backwards. Any Thoughts? Would like a wiring Diagram if one is available. I may just buy a new NAV ON/OFF switch as I don't need all three positions.
    I have sent you a personal message, just click on the envelope icon in the upper right of the screen.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer