Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

30 Amp connection

Options
I bought a 24 ft Deck Boat (1994 Model) a few weeks back and the seller had no idea about some of the features on the boat. I guess he wasn't the 1st owner. Anyway this is my first boat and some of the stuff on it I have no idea what it's for such as a 30 Amp electrical connection on the side. I got an Owners Manual from Godfrey Marine and it doesn't address this either. Does anyone know what that connection is for? I don't see an Inverter or anything so I'm stumped. Oh also there are two 120 Volt house type outlets in the Potty section. Actually I don't know what that's for either! The seller said he thought it was either a Potty or Shower although I don't see how that would work either. Maybe a port potty would work but I don't see a shower connection either.

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That connection is often used to connect to "shore power" at the dock.  That had to be installed by one of the owners or a boat dealer as that doesn't come from Hurricane.  One of the owners must have used 120v devices while moored or something.

I had my dealer install a 20 amp outdoor receptacle on the stern of my boat to provide an easier way to get 120v to my on-board battery charger. 
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer