Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Throttle won't shift into Forward or Reverse, Orange Light is on next to "Active" Blue light

bc321
bc321 Member Posts: 7
Our 2014 SunDeck 2690 with Yamaha 350hp OB won't shift into Forward or Reverse.  The small rectangle orange light is on next to "Active" Blue light on the throttle handle housing.  When I attempt to shift to forward or reverse it sounds like it starts to but just can't get there.  If I leave it there a while it starts a grinding noise.  Thoughts on what the issue and fix is?

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    I am not experienced with your engine/drive system, but I do know that that orange light tells you there is something wrong with one or more of the electronic controls that operate the shifting mechanism (meaning a sensor or activator).  That also means your system threw out a code to identify the malfunctioning component.  I have read that the shift shaft can seize up from corrosion activity.  If the actuator is trying to move and can't, that would be one reason the system threw out a code.  I also understand that the repair to fix this condition involves lifting the block.  If it were me, I would have a Yamaha dealer check it out and diagnose the problem.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer