Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

New FD 226 owner

Hello everyone. I'm new to the group, but we own our second Hurricane deck boat. The first was the FD 196 RE. Not sure why they called that 18ft boat a 196. But earlier this year we traded it in for this 2019 FD 226 and we could not be happier. Much more room and the ride is SOOO much better in the 226. I'll post a full boat picture next week. 
We purchased the Minn Kota Terrova spot-lock troll motor with our boat. This picture is of the way the dealer mounted it. They claimed they were not allowed to cut the 60 inch shaft. They did not even call me to discuss. This is the way it was when I picked it up. Well fast forward to Christmas and the wife wanted the new Garmin Livescope for Christmas so we could take our crappie fishing to the next level. LOL  It is at the boat accessories and boat rigging shop(not original dealer) to get that mounted up. Plus the guy said he would fix the troll motor. I'll supply pictures when I get it back early next week. 

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    The longer length and increased weight definitely helps in improving the ride and performance of the Hurricanes with the 12.5 degree deadrise hulls!
    Congratulations on what looks like a really nice boat!  Give us updates when you can!
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer