Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

blue sea systems - add a battery plus system

Options
dremmeister
dremmeister Member Posts: 4
I am adding a 2nd (deep cycle) battery and installing blue sea systems add a battery plus product.  This product is relatively new and includes a dual circuit battery switch and an AC (plug into 110) and DC (use engine alternator) ACR (automatic charging relay).  The install recommends connecting a wire from the blue sea systems ACR to the START POSITION OF ENGINE IGNITION SWITCH <OR> another connection point that has positive voltage applied ONLY WHEN ACTIVELY CRANKING THE ENGINE.  The concept is to protect electronics when CRANKING THE ENGINE.  I have reviewed the service manual/electrical and ignition/electric start circuit.  Not really sure what I should connect this wire to specifically.  Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.
2009 Hurricane FunDeck 196 RE
E-TEC 75 HP 2011
2009 Rolco Tandem Axle Trailer with Surge Brakes

Comments

• bobg
    bobg Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2021
    Options
    You must connect it to the terminal on the key switch that is energized momentarily when the engine is cranking.
    Post edited by bobg on