Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

I have some glue residue on the wall of the head that was on the boat when it was purchased new

Options
swintbb
swintbb Member Posts: 4
What is best way to remove?

Answers

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you are within your one year or so time frame, you should have your dealer handle the cleanup of overspray/residual adhesive.  Bear in mind that any removal method may result in affecting or damaging the surface the adhesive is stuck to.

If not, 3M recommends going through a regimen of starting out with a more mild approach, then increasing the aggressiveness of the  cleaning methods as you evaluate results.

This is the product they recommend using first as the citrus base should have minimal effect on the surface the adhesive is stuck to.

From there you can try more aggressive solvents like acetone or methyl ethyl ketone.  I was told that some adhesives will soften and can be gently scraped off by applying a heat gun to the affected area.  Obviously these more aggressive methods increase the chances of having an affect on the surface.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• swintbb
    swintbb Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for the help!!!  I will try those stages.