Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

brand new 187 ob - top speed only 36 mph?

Options
tommytuna
tommytuna Member Posts: 8
got a 5 day old 187 on rigged with 130 hp Etec. All good except I don't seem to be getting the top end speed I was expecting/told I would get.  dealer said this would go low 40 mph no prob.  Online boat test side had same boat with 115 hp etec going 37 mph. I max out at 37 with an empty boat and 5350 rpm.

wondering if throttle wasn't rigged right. Dealer promised to come out and have a look as this engine should be wide open at 5700 ish.

Any owners out there with same setup?  Can you please share you top speeds / rpms. Thanks!

Otherwise boat is awesome!

Comments

• sirbuilder99
    sirbuilder99 Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Options
    Need to check prop pitch or throttle as you pointed out could be set wrong.  I have similar problem with my SS 201 I/O.  Dealer said it ran 52 MPH @ 4800rpm but I ran it WOT at 45 (GPS) at only 4400RPM.
  • nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @tommytuna, I think @sirbuilder99 is right on the money with the prop.  Changing the pitch of the prop will give you the additional RPMs to move the top end throttle in the 5700 range.  This will of course increase your speed as well.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer