Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Bouncing Bimini!

I'm new to the forum and have a 2014 SS203.  When the bimini is down, how do you keep it from rubbing on the boat on the sides?  My current method uses pool noodles.  It's not the best look!  Thanks.

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Your bimini top should have a pair of rear support posts installed and nested on top of one another, one long, the other short.  You need to change over from the long posts to the short posts in order to put the top in its fully supported stowed position.  I found a  picture of the year and model of your boat:

There is another thread on the forum that also addresses this.
    https://hurricaneboats.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/comment/8669#Comment_8669

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• LakeHartwell
    LakeHartwell Member Posts: 9
    My boat has to have the bimini all the way down flat on the boat for dry storage.  I guess I was kind of thinking all the way down was a normal position.  It doesn't really appear that's the case!  I'll start putting it in this position during use.
  • LakeHartwell
    LakeHartwell Member Posts: 9
    That link was helpful.  I don't think my bimini has the short arms either.  Thank you! You're a great moderator.
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    As you can see, I use the short supports for more than one purpose!  They fit 8" X 12" flags perfectly!

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer