Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

need wiring diagram for a 1993 hurricane CC midship boat.

Options
I have a 1993 hurricane CC midship boat that I just purchased.  It is a very cool looking boat but I cant get any power to the radio/cb. The engine starts and it runs fine on the water but nothing else will work. I'm looking for wiring diagram to trace wires and check fuses.

Answers

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well, this is one of those few times I can't supply a wiring diagram, Hurricane no longer has this information on this model.

However, the good news is that boat manufacturers adhere to a wiring standard developed by the American Boat & Yacht Council that should help you in chasing down wires.

Bear in mind, a system may have more than one wire used.  Usually the "main" color still associates with the system 
    in the color chart and a color stripe may be used on the wire to associate with a part of that system.  For example, Navigation Light's wires are "gray" in color.  The front navigation lights may be all gray in color and the anchor light may be gray with a color stripe on it.

The main trouble areas are the connections at the battery located by the transom.  There are in-line fuses and/or circuit breakers that often get corroded or blown and need replacement.  Another problem area is the connections at the helm behind the switch/dash/instrument panels and a couple of relays that may also cause gremlins.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• Lograde23
    Lograde23 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you for your help. Ill see what I can get done.
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have sent you a personal message, just click on the envelope icon in the upper right of the screen.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer