Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Broken Transom “Thing” - what is this?

Options
Hi all, first post and I feel ridiculous not being able to figure this out.  I have a new to me 2000 Hurricane Fundeck 232.  Today while putting on a coat of wax, I broke a very fragile thing that is mounted on my transom.  It looks like a water pickup with a very small tube going into it.  What is this so I know if or what I need to replace?  Thanks in advance!

Comments

• brandonsarchey
    brandonsarchey Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Finally figured this out. Tried to delete but can’t find how. Hope this doesn’t waste anyone’s time. 
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Glad you figured it out!  And this forum presents an opportunity to learn, so your post is appreciated!

There are a lot of Hurricane owners that are brand new to boating and you might actually want to know what the heck that device is!  So you may be helping a lot more owners out here than you realize!

The device connected to the end of the black tube is called a pitot tube.  The hole in the bottom of it that sits in the water while you are underway draws water in under pressure from the boat's movement and translates that to the miles per hour reading on your speedometer.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer