Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2005 GS 211 ski locker

Options
NHboater
NHboater Member Posts: 3
Hello ... new to me 2005 GS 211 Fundeck with Yamaha F150 4 stroke.  I purchased in late fall and got a pretty good deal (at least I think).  Being late fall in New Hampshire, I did not get a chance to launch it.  Weather is starting to turn nicer now in April and I am excited to get her ready for lake use.
As most of us know, Hurricane owner's manual is very limited on specific model info ... very generic (and somewhat useless in my opinion).
I have owned various boats my whole life, but first Hurricane for me.  One question I have is there an area you can store water skis?  I could not find a ski locker in the floor like most boats (somehow I missed this when I bought it).  There's a floor storage area that looks like a ski locker in the bow, where the fishing platform mounts, but is a small area that would not fit skis (there's a "head" area in the center console).  Has anyone figured out a good way to carry/store skis?  Also, the fishing platform looks like the only spot to store is in the head area in the center console?  It looks like there is plenty of storage areas for smaller items in the boat, but not for bigger/bulkier items like skis or emergency paddle.

Also, the ski rope mount pylon on the stern needs repair, as it is loose in the mount.  Has anyone removed and replaced?  Looks like access may be behind the rear bench seat but didn't want to start tearing all that apart if there was an easier way.

I have done searches but just found this forum so I apologize if this has been answered previously.  Thanks!

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    While you're waiting for other 211 owners to respond, I just want to confirm to you that there definitely isn't a ski locker length floor storage area in the GS/SS 211 model due to the center console design. overall length and deep helm station intrusion.  Some owners install T-Tops, which could be used to store/secure skis to keep them from being under foot on the deck. 
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• NHboater
    Options
    Thanks for the info.  I figured as much since the center console takes up the lower floor space.  I guess we will only put the skis on the boat when we know we are going skiing, so the spontaneous ski experience will not be possible while out on the lake.
    If anyone else has tips on carrying skis or paddle on the GS 211 center console let me know.  We are not a huge fishing family so maybe I will try to figure out a way to use the many fishing pole holders on the sides of the boat.
  • DanErb02
    DanErb02 Member Posts: 13
    Options
    If you aren't big on fishing with it then maybe you can modify the fishing pole holder in the starboard gunnel to hold some skis??? 
  • NHboater
    Options
    That is exactly the area I was thinking of.  I will try to pull off the trim and rod holders and see what is behind it.  I just do not want to modify the boat too much structurally as to effect the resale value.  If I come up with something I will post info in case anyone else is in a similar boat (pun intended).
  • DanErb02
    DanErb02 Member Posts: 13
    Options
    If you have the length I would think it'd be easy enough to just take out the glass between the top two and bottom two rod holder openings on each side. give you a nice 2.5" x 6" oval to slip the skis in, trim with some rubber door edge guard and you've created what im guessing would be a popular mod!!! just have to remove that center rod support. Looking forward to your findings@