Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2003 FD 211 OB tachometer

Options
Our 2003 FD 211 OB tachometer stopped working.   Does it have a fuse?  Or any suggestions on troubleshooting?     Also looking for part number is case we have to replace it.   We purchased this used, so don't have all the documentation. Thanks!

Comments

• mje6896
    mje6896 Member Posts: 4
    Options
  • mje6896
    Options
    Photo of our boat dash panel is below.  

• mje6896
    Options
    This is the part number:

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The tachometer gets signal from your engine and is part of the outboard pre-wire assembly.  This is supplied by the manufacturer and comes with the outboard.  You need to determine if the tachometer is getting signal from the engine to decide if the tachometer needs to be replaced.  I suggest you get an manual for your outboard system.

Regarding your tachometer, most Hurricanes came with Faria Beede gauge sets.  Here is a link to their website: 
    https://fariabeede.com/2-pages/home.php

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• HydroCanis
    HydroCanis Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Options
    My 2003 SD217 gauges look like those (in a different arrangement). Are those Faria? No name on the face. My tach seems dead and proper signals are present on the terminals so I though I might just order a Faria and swap the case (and needle probably) as that style seems long out of production.
    David
    2003 Sundeck 217 OB, Yamaha 150 2 Stroke
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6

• MacAttack
    MacAttack Member Posts: 13
    Options
    Same issue with my ‘03 GS211, looks to be exactly the same Faria tach. Bought one from Great Lakes Skipper, works like a champ.  Simple to replace.  Seem to recall it was about $100