Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Ski towing eye hook 2003 SD 187 I/O?

Options
Psull
Psull Member Posts: 4
I've seen more recent models that have an eye hook for a tow rope above the swim platform.  Anybody know if the 2003 SD 187 I/O has one?  If so can you tow a tube with it?  Read the discussion on the ski pylon and the recommendation to use the hooks with a "Y" harness.  The boat I'm looking at has the optional swim platform.  Does the swim platform get in the way of using those hooks for towing a skier or tuber?
thanks! 
Tagged:

Best Answer

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The boat should have a tow eye just above the swim platform like mine does shown below.  This is the only place you should be towing tubes/inflatables.

Also, what I find helps a lot when towing one of these water toys is using a Booster Ball installed on the tow line.  It prevents the tow line from submarining and gives a much more enjoyable ride.  The swim platform does not interfere with the tow line as your bow is usually up during a tow.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

Answers