Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.
Ski towing eye hook 2003 SD 187 I/O?
I've seen more recent models that have an eye hook for a tow rope above the swim platform. Anybody know if the 2003 SD 187 I/O has one? If so can you tow a tube with it? Read the discussion on the ski pylon and the recommendation to use the hooks with a "Y" harness. The boat I'm looking at has the optional swim platform. Does the swim platform get in the way of using those hooks for towing a skier or tuber?
cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭The boat should have a tow eye just above the swim platform like mine does shown below. This is the only place you should be towing tubes/inflatables.
Also, what I find helps a lot when towing one of these water toys is using a Booster Ball installed on the tow line. It prevents the tow line from submarining and gives a much more enjoyable ride. The swim platform does not interfere with the tow line as your bow is usually up during a tow.
- 3.8K All Categories
- 37 Hurricane Photo Gallery
- 1.5K General Discussions on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 302 General Questions on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 333 Hurricane Deck Boat Engine Discussions
- 615 Electrical System Discussions for Hurricane Deck Boats
- 15 Latest News on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 693 Hurricane Deck Boat Support
- 117 Buy & Sell Used Hurricane Deck Boats, Parts & Accessories