Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

SS201 Boat Tracking Issue

Options
pchieco
pchieco Member Posts: 5
Hello I recently purchased a 2016 SS201 IO 4.3 And I noticed that it tracks much more differently at low speed than my bow rider.  I find that I’m constantly turning to the left and right. Is there anything that I can purchase to attach to the outdrive or possibly trim tabs to to improve the tracking.  Thank You

Answers

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There are a few threads on the forum that talk about this issue.  Most of the time there is an improvement by changing over to prop with more blades or adding trim tabs.

One contributing factor for this condition is the low deadrise of the deck boat design in general.   The benefit is quicker to plane, lower cruising speeds at plane, increased room in the bow area and being able to navigate in shallower waters.  The deadrise puts the boat higher in the water with less hull displacement than a v- type hull.  This makes the boat more susceptible to wind and wave conditions, especially at trolling or docking speeds.

I will say that I don't seem to have this issue with my boat.  Maybe the longer length/heavier models and the dual prop drive helps this situation.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• barncat01
    barncat01 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    pchieco said:
    Hello I recently purchased a 2016 SS201 IO 4.3 And I noticed that it tracks much more differently at low speed than my bow rider.  I find that I’m constantly turning to the left and right. Is there anything that I can purchase to attach to the outdrive or possibly trim tabs to to improve the tracking.  Thank You
    I have the same issue. The previous owner of the boat forewarned me that it walks all over at low speeds. He wasn't kidding. Makes docking a PITA.
    I have a 4 blade prop so don't think it's helping much.