Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Sink Drain won't drain

Options
ChiefDaveD
ChiefDaveD Member Posts: 9
2013 Sundeck 217 OB - the sink behind the captains chair won't drain.  I ran a smaller diameter tube down the drain and at about 4 feet it felt like it hit something and wouldn't push through any further.  I believe it is suppose to drain out the hole below mid cleat just above water line on STBD side - but not sure.  Ran the tube into that drain and it went about 2 feet, perhaps a little further and hit an obstruction and wouldn't go further. 
Can anyone tell me how the drain line is run from the sink and any possible way of accessing it?  There is a cover/access port beside the captain chair but I would have to remove the chair to actually access that opening.  Looking for advise/suggestions.

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You are correct, the galley sink drains out the starboard side.  The drain is usually a flexible corrugated plastic hose.   Often dealers use compressed air to try to move the blockage (not too high or you may damage/split/disconnect the hose; 10-15 psi max).  The only access below the deck is the use of deck plates.  If there's one in a convenient location to where you need to gain access you are lucky, otherwise a new deck plate would have to be cut out and installed.  

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• ChiefDaveD
    ChiefDaveD Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Would you know, or have access to a drawing/diagram that indicated what is below the area in front of the captain's seat where my feet rest when driving - inboard from the cup holders?  That would be the location for adding a deck plate but don't know what is below that area.  What about the two drink holders - do they have drain lines that tie into the sink drain or do they just drain into the bilge area?  Just trying to figure out this puzzle.  I don't like it when things that are supposed to work don't work and I cannot resolve them.  Advise appreciated cjjjdeck.

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have sent you a personal message, just click on the envelope icon in the upper right of the screen.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer