Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Wood decking under port sink and gunwale (2010 Sundeck 232)

Options
JA_AK
JA_AK Member Posts: 2
Hi, I’m hoping one of the gurus here can help me!

When I took the boat out today, I noticed that the decking below the sink and port side gunwale had separated from its vertical support.  First, I didn’t realize there was wood there, so bad on me. However, it has separated, the port outboard side has dropped a couple of inches, and I can see some cracking in the wood. I have the batteries for the trolling motor mounted there, so there is a good bit of weight on it. 

My question is what is the best way to fix it?  I could try to get in there and force it bs k into place and glue it, but that seems to be at best a temporary solution, made worse by the presence of the batteries. How can I actually get into that space to repair the decking correctly?  I’m afraid I’m going to have to remove the seating along the port side, which I have no idea where to start for that!