Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Newbie Question

mikelm48
mikelm48 Member Posts: 23
Behind the Ski Tow Bar there is a well in front of the transom (where the OB is mounted). It has a drain in both sides of the well. Am I correct that those are there to drain the well and should be left open?
Thanks, Mike
Mike
2010 Fun Deck 216F O/B, Yamaha 150 2-stroke.

Best Answer

Answers

• mikelm48
    mikelm48 Member Posts: 23
    Thanks, while I have this tread I will ask a few more newbie questions. Trying to put the boat in the water and don't want to do something stupid, if I can help it.

1.  I have bled the hydraulic steering and confirmed that it is filled this morning. When I drove the boat the steering was really hard to turn.  When I try to move the O/B by hand, not using the wheel, it will not move. Is this normal or do I have a hydraulic issue?

2.  There is a valve on the port side of the transom for the live well drain. Should this be closed when we are on the water?

3.  The fuel tank is mounted in front of the O/B motor in the transom. That area has a gas smell. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance.
    Mike
    2010 Fun Deck 216F O/B, Yamaha 150 2-stroke.