Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Trim Tabs or Whale tail

Options
  Just bought a CC21 with a 200 Yamaha. I was trying to decide on trim tabs or whale tail. I'm looking quicker plane more than top speed. I also heard that whale tails are good for fuel economy.        My first thought was trim tabs because it's what I'm used to until I saw the price.   I should be asking who is running whale tails and how good are they?

Comments

• rdcastle
    rdcastle Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Change your prop. Whale Tails, trim tabs are unnecessary in most cases.
    Rob Castle
    2001 Hurricane GS201 FD
    Yamaha 150 V6 2 Stroke, Oil Injection
  • MadMadHoosier
    MadMadHoosier Member Posts: 14
    Options
       Years ago we put a COMPROP on my mothers 90 hp pontoon boat.  It was promoted as allowing some "flex" in the pitch, while under initial power, to allow a quicker hole shot.  Then after getting up on plane the flex would return to normal and you would have the top speed of the published pitch.  The theory was to get one step more pitch than the original aluminum prop for better top end, and the flex would still give you a better hole shot.  It seemed to work well on her boat, so it might be worth a try????
      PS: Back then they were limited to smaller horsepower motors, but today it looks like they work up to 200 HP.