Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2014 Hurricane Sundeck 2200 OB - Need help / advice / guidance PLEASE :)

Options
fsmithjack2200
fsmithjack2200 Confirm Email, Member Posts: 5

Hello Just purchased:

2014 Hurricane Sundeck 2200 OB

2014 Yamaha 200hp Outboard Motor

2016 Load Rite Trailer

130 hours

Red/White

I love the boat. It has nice lower hours and is very nice and runs and looks great but I need some advice and help on some things I need to fix: 

* The radio isn't working 

* The horn isn't working 

* The Lowrance Elite 4 Fish Finder isn't working

* Both front and ski lockers are not draining or draining very slow.

It is the same thing with them all. It seems no power is getting to them. I am terrible at electrical stuff and really have no idea where to start other then hiring someone. Thought maybe some can help me with some idea's :) 

- The radio: 

Sony Bluetooth Stereo model: MEX-BT4100P mounted in bathroom and it has a controller up on the dash area as well. The controller on the dash lights up but the radio in bathroom seems like it has no power at all. Also, it is mounted upside down which makes it hard to look over. Is this normal? 

- The horn:

Does nothing like no power making it to it. 

-The Lowrance Elite 4 

Does nothing like no power making it to it. 

Any ideas?

I turned the battery switch on, all the dash rocker switches but but nothing. Like no power getting through to them :( 

* Both front and ski lockers are not draining or draining very slow.

Can I blow compressed air in them? Tried a garden hose with no luck already.

Someone told me to be very careful because if they have a hose and it comes off I cannot get at it to fix it and they will be broke permanently? This is a bummer if true.

I am not super handy so please any advise would be deeply appreciated.

It is a great boat but just need to fix this stuff and it will be great :) I know this is probably very small stuff for some people but electrical was never my thing. 

Thanks very much   

Comments

• fsmithjack2200
    fsmithjack2200 Confirm Email, Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Does anyone use this site? Thanks 
  • rossbritton
    rossbritton Confirm Email, Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi - can you post a picture of your dash board? It sounds as though a lot of things aren’t getting power.

Also, strange about the stereo — no idea why it would be installed upside down.

I’ll take a look at my lockers and see what the drains look like. I think compressed air could work. However, if there’s a lot of debris you might need to gently stick a wire down there to dislodge.