Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Warning beep twice every 60 sec or so.

jegraham
jegraham Member Posts: 15
I have a warning beep twice every 60 sec. Nothing reading incorrect on the dash and nothing in the owners manual to help. 2012 ss201 I/O 4.3 MPI Alpha 1 drive. Any help would be great!

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT with a Bravo 3 drive in a 2012 SD237.  I received a (2011) Mercruiser Operations/Maintenance/Warranty manual from my Dealer at time of delivery along with a Godfrey "very general" Owner's Manual (not too helpful on any specific boat...).  The Mercruiser Manual shows that it's for both 4.3L & 5.0L MPI ECT models, so it covers your engine too.  The system has two alarm levels; "Caution" & "Severe".  The timing of your alarm (alarm sound on vs. alarm sound off) doesn't exactly match what the manual describes for either condition.  Did you get the Mercruiser manual?  It explains the "Audio Warning System" to you in pretty good detail along with describing how the engine's Guardian System works.  Although the system monitors many areas, one area I would check first (assuming you already checked engine oil level) is checking the level of the drive's gear lube tank (reservoir) and make sure it is "Full".  The other would be to make sure you are not too low on fuel (intermittent fuel pressure from a low fuel tank will cause an alarm condition).  My alarm went off on both these conditions not long after I got the boat ( the gear lube happened first and the manual states that Bravo drives frequently need up to 16 ounces of gear lube added in the early stages of the break-in period.  They were absolutely correct!).  If you didn't get the Mercruiser manual, send me a personal message and I will respond with the "Audio Alert" and "Alpha" gear lube pages for your review.  The system stores the alarm condition code for a Dealer to diagnose, so your Dealer can tell you what condition set off the alarm (which I strongly suggest you see anyway, especially if the fluid levels are OK or the alarm condition is still sounding off after you filled those low fluids).  Then hammer your Dealer for the manual you should have gotten with the boat, if you didn't get one! 

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• Halrose
    Halrose Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for your helpful comments.  I will look at the manual as I have a similar problem that I thought initially was the depth sounder...