Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.
Fresh water tank - how to drain/winterize
krisdelaney Member Posts: 1 ✭
Hello! We are in the process of winterizing our FunDeck for the first time. It's a 2009, but new to us. After filling the fresh water tank this summer, we realized the pump didn't work (even thought we can hear it turn on). Now we need to drain the water. I think we've drained about 2 gallons by hooking up a drain line to a shop vac. A slow process. Do you think we can leave the majority of the water in the tank to freeze through the winter, and deal with fixing the pump in the spring? Or should all the water be drained? Also, should we remove the batteries on the boat during winter? We did have the motor professionally winterized, but want to make sure we do everything else correctly. This is all new to us. Thanks!
All you need to do is use the spray nozzle to purge the water tank and add the marine grade anti-freeze to protect the system.
- 3.8K All Categories
- 37 Hurricane Photo Gallery
- 1.5K General Discussions on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 302 General Questions on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 334 Hurricane Deck Boat Engine Discussions
- 616 Electrical System Discussions for Hurricane Deck Boats
- 15 Latest News on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 694 Hurricane Deck Boat Support
- 117 Buy & Sell Used Hurricane Deck Boats, Parts & Accessories