Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

What product on canvas cover for UV protection?

I see a lot of discussion on the forum about the canvas covers on Hurricane boats. Our FD196OB is a 2012 model, and the lightweight canvas cover that came with it is showing its age. The boat stays on a lift in a covered slip most of the year, and sometimes all year long. Only the stern is exposed to direct morning sun. The extreme aft tip of the cover over the changing room has been cooked. Totally rotten and falling apart. So I had  our local tent & awning guy replace the portion from the rear railing to the aft end of the cover, all the way across, with SunBrella fabric. Now I have a good cover but I want to preserve the old canvas portion. What can I apply to stop or reduce UV damage, and rot from exposure to damp conditions? I see lots of products that are mainly waterproofing with UV resistance. My priorities are just the opposite, I want UV resistance and maybe waterproofing also. And I like the idea of a solvent based product rather than water if possible. Permanence is the criterion. What should I use? What should I avoid? I've got all Winter to do this, boat is in barn now.

Answers