Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Intermittent Throttle Loss While Cruising

rossi17dth
rossi17dth Confirm Email, Member Posts: 1
Hey guys,
Hoping someone might be able to help narrow down an issue I am having. I have a 2002 Hurricane Fun Deck 226 with a Yamaha Vmax. 

While cruising at any speed, it will lose all throttle all of the sudden, bringing the boat to quick stop, and then usually take right back off to whatever speed I was at. A couple of times I have lost throttle while cruising and the engine has completely turned off, but still able to start right back up. 

I am assuming I am having a fuel starvation issue but can't figure out where it is coming from. The bulb stays stiff like normal and I don't see any issues with the line that is exposed. The fuel filter and water separator have been replaced. I also replaced all 3 electric fuel pumps because I was having issues getting started last summer. I do not have any issues getting started now. 

I was thinking to replace the fuel line next but I wanted to see what everyone's thoughts were first. If I do replace the fuel line, any recommendations on which brand and length to use? I also figured that the issue could be coming from the fuel pickup line but I would like to avoid that if possible. 

Thank y'all!

Zack