Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2015 226 fundeck with no main power

Options
parmelng
parmelng Confirm Email, Member Posts: 3
Hi all,
I've seen the many posts with the same problem but haven't found the solution to the problem yet.  My ingition works and the boat runs fine.  But as many others have posted my main power switch doesn't work.  The horn also doesn't work.  I've checked and replaced the fuse off of the battery.  I replaced the relays.  I think it might be the connections with the relay's because last year when I replaced them I could get the power back for a bit.  But if something wiggled during a ride it goes out again.  This spring I just put the boat back in and can't get any power.  I was going to replace all the connections going to the relay's but on inspection they look good with no signs of corrision.  Any idea's or past experience is welcomed.  This problem has been on and off for 18 months now.  Thanks.

Comments

• parmelng
    Options
    A question I have, has anyone replaced the piggy back connections on the relay?  I feel like they are loose. Can I put them together into one female connector?
  • parmelng
    Options
    An update.  I found why nothing worked, in the battery compartment there is a switch for the batteries.  Someone at the marina must have switched it to only one power instead of both.  When I switched to both all my switches worked.  As for last season with the intermittent power outages.  I tested my old relay's with my multimeter.  Even though I didn't see any corrosion I didn't get a reading.  I cleaned the contacts and then got a reading.  So to hopefully prevent any issues this year I used some contact cleaner and grease on the wires.  Good luck.