Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Desperately need a replacement fuel cap - 2013 Hurricane Fundeck 226

Options
sreutzel
sreutzel Member Posts: 14
I've ordered aftermarket that I thought would fit online and have thrown away 2 new caps... I've called 4 different Hurricane dealers and haven't gotten a call back from anyone.  One of my buddies said he can 3D print me one if I can find specs for it, which I can't.  I'm really worried I'm getting water into my gas tank and really need to find a replacement.  If anyone can help I'd REALLY appreciate it.  
Mine was stolen off my boat and all my gas siphoned right off my dock... I'm guessing they didn't really steal it, they probably just dropped it in the water instead of taking the 7 seconds to put it back.  
Thanks to anyone who can help or advise!

Answers

• thurricane
    thurricane Administrator Posts: 496 admin
    Options
    This was a complete fuel fill assembly with Ameri-kart corp.  251061 FILL FUEL ENVIRO-FILL ANGLED DECK APTR EF568.  You could try to reach out to them directly or try www.greatlakesskipper.com to see if they have any on hand 
  • sreutzel
    Options
    Thanks.  I emailed both GreatLakesSkipper and the distribution company that makes that part.  That fuel fill assembly doesn't come with a cap, but I emailed them and asked if they had a cap that goes with it.  Unfortunately I don't see the caps on either of their websites so I doubt they'll have it, but I'll cross my fingers.  I appreciate the suggestion either way.  Thanks.
  • sreutzel
    Options
    Great Lakes Skipper was very responsive and tried to help, but they only sell the capless assembly, no fuel caps.  Anyone else have any ideas?  I just sent a message through the contact us / parts page on the Hurricane website, but unfortunately I think they just route the message to a dealer... and all dealers have blown off multiple contacts from me already.  I think no one cares about selling $90 fuel cap (even though it should cost them $7), apparently that's just not enough money to spend their time on.  This is getting infuriating.  
  • thurricane
    thurricane Administrator Posts: 496 admin
    Options
    The parts division at the factory said they have fuel caps black 251057 or stainless 251055 available with a local Hurricane dealer.  If you give the dealer the part number they can order it for you.
  • sreutzel
    Options
    Thank you!  I'll keep contacting more distant dealers with those part numbers until I find one who will ship me one.  My closest 3 or 4 just won't respond to me.  Maybe having the part numbers will help.  I really appreciate it!
  • sreutzel
    Options
    Thanks a lot for the help... much appreciated.  I called multiple dealerships multiple times and no one got back to me.... then I called Full Performance Marine in James Creek PA and spoke to Bob in parts.  He followed up well, confirmed the part from my Hull Number, and ordered to get in and ship to my house (they're a few hours away from me).  Much appreciate Bobs help, and those here who made the effort to help.