Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

I have a 2018 Hurricane Deckboat SS 188 is the bilge pump supposed to go on automatically ?

mstingray556
mstingray556 Member Posts: 8
I noticed the boat was setting lower in the water and it turns out the bilge was full of water, even the main storage compartment in the floor had 3 inches of water.  I had to manually turn on the bilge pump 

Answers

• jendr
    jendr Member Posts: 2
    This just happened to us. Check your fuse. Our auto bilge didn’t turn on after all the rain.. fuse was blown. 

• mstingray556
    I will check the fuse thanks.  I am new to Hurricane boats, what type of fuse does it take and do you replace it via the storage compartment in front of the helm
  • mstingray556
    I guess mine has breakers instead of fuses, I might have pushed the little button (breaker) under the bilge switch by mistake, I will have to check

• mstingray556
    I guess there is a fuse just off of the battery for the auto bilge pump
  • FrankHD
    FrankHD Member Posts: 16
    I'm curious as to whether or not you solved your problem... I have a 2020 SS188 and was told by the dealer the bilge pump would run automatically when needed, but that I should check it every time before I started the boat to listen and make sure it still runs if needed.  I washed my boat down this year and don't think I turned on the bilge pump at that point.  A couple weeks later I came back to take the boat out, turned on the bilge pump, and all kinds of sudsy water pumped out.  So the pump clearly works, but I am not convinced that it comes on automatically unless maybe it is really full of water.
  • mstingray556
    I never really got to the bottom of it because once all the water was pumped out.  It never happened again. It is in the water on my dock and I keep an eye on it and it is not sitting any lower in the water.  I will check the fuse this weekend if I have time.  
  • mstingray556
    I checked the battery this weekend by removing the tray to the right of the motor ( opposite of where the boarding ladder is.  ) There is a brown wire going right to the battery with an in line fuse.  Typical two blade 5 amp fuse.  Sure enough mine was blown as I checked with a multimeter, so I replaced the fuse ….Hopefully this fixes the issue.  
  • kstahl
    kstahl Member Posts: 6
    Do you have a dual batteries and a dual battery switch?  I discovered that the auto bilge switch can back feed into the battery and blow the fuse.  I think this is why so many people have blown auto bilge fuses.
  • mstingray556
    I just have the one battery I don’t see a switch
  • kstahl
    kstahl Member Posts: 6
    I checked the battery this weekend by removing the tray to the right of the motor ( opposite of where the boarding ladder is.  ) There is a brown wire going right to the battery with an in line fuse.  Typical two blade 5 amp fuse.  Sure enough mine was blown as I checked with a multimeter, so I replaced the fuse ….Hopefully this fixes the issue.  
    Do you have a dual batteries and a dual battery switch?  I discovered that the auto bilge switch will can back feed into the battery and blow the fuse.  I think this is why so many people have blown auto bilge fuses.
  • jonathanteller
    jonathanteller Member Posts: 3
    I have the exact same boat and year. My auto bilge has never turned on ,I have to do it manually every time.
    My battery 5amp fuse is not blown!   Did you ever figure out the problem?
  • bdinfl
    bdinfl Member Posts: 2
    My pump (Rule 1100 gpm) has a flat sensor on the side to test the auto switch. I think that's standard. Touch it for 5 seconds and it should turn on. My auto switch stopped working and it would only work manually. My original pump had a 5A fuse and a recent replacement with the same model has a 7.5A fuse.