Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2016 Hurricane SD 187 Poor Quality

Options
kwolf
kwolf Member Posts: 1
I am disappointed in the quality of my 2016 SD 187 I purchased 2 years ago.  This boat was properly serviced and maintained (detailed yearly) by the previous owner, kept on a lift while in use, stored indoors for the winter, hardly used, and under priced which is why I grabbed it.  Now two years later after again only light use and proper maintenance and storage, the upholstery seams are splitting in many spots and eight of the snaps for the canvas covers have broken off the hull.  I also have a 2003 Seaswhirl Striper and there is no comparison between these two boats.  The striper upholstery is true marine duty, has held up fine after 20 years, and that boat gets much more use and takes a beating from 6 grand kids.  Also no snaps have come off the hull.  I understand there is good, better, and best in boat manufacturers like everything else but my Hurricane simply does not meet minimal quality standards.  I would not recommend them to anyone as these problems are not typical on a good quality newer boat and Hurricane's quality people should be embarrassed by them.

Comments