Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Fundeck 196 Prop Pitch Dilemma

Options
kuszmaul1
kuszmaul1 Member Posts: 2
Just purchased a beautiful 2016 FD196 w/ Yamaha F115. It came with an aluminum 13 1/4 X 17 prop. I replaced it with a SS prop same dimensions. 

Maiden voyage, WOT was 6800 rpm @ 35 mph.  Yamaha says WOT should be 5800-6300. 
I don’t pull skiers, just want to go as fast as possible at around 6000 rpm, so I need to increase the pitch. 

If I increase to 19 pitch, everything I read says that will only reduce rpm by 400 rpm = 6400 rpm. 

I plugged those numbers into Yamaha’s prop selector site and it said I should go to a pitch of 20 or 21. 

The local dealer was less than useful and gave me wrong information. 

Does anyone have any experience/suggestions, before I make such a large jump from 17 to 21 pitch?

Answers

• kuszmaul1
    kuszmaul1 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Follow up question: after more research I have a hard time believing my F115 is running at 6800 rpm. It sounds good and is very smooth. Is it possible that my tachometer is bad? Does the F115 have a rev limiter? Can it even go that high tpm?