Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Gas Cap Protector

Options
TimKLL
TimKLL Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
The overly exposed/under-protected gas cap on some models is a well known issue & has been discussed a lot in this forum.  I’ve replaced mine (2015 SD2200) several times after a brush against. a piling or a dock line got caught underneath it. Too expensive & Hurricane has done nothing to remedy the issue.  Boat is in winter storage now but when I get it out I want to explore making some sort of protective ring (doughnut?) to go around it. White plastic, like cutting board material, or perhaps clear Lexan (not sure how clear that would remain?).  Don’t have a 3D printer or know anyone that has one.  This would be just thick enough to stick slightly out higher than the cap, & just big around enough to deflect lines and/or take the bump from a piling.  Would round it or bevel it to make it as unobtrusive as possible.  Has anyone done anything like this?
2015 Hurricane Sundeck 2200 DC OB, Yamaha F200