Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Neutral locking tab not locking therefor cannot start boat. Moves freely forward and reverse.

Options
cdrny12
cdrny12 Member Posts: 8
Removed center rubber cover on shifter face.  Black plastic inside.  Sprayed and pushed in and out while shifting still does not lock neutral to start nor does the locking tab appear to be working when depressed.  Pulled this black plastic plunger out.  It appears that the end of this is suppose to lock onto something inside.  I do not know where to go from here.  I have an 06 195 sundeck.

Answers

• thurricane
    thurricane Administrator Posts: 500 admin
    Options
    Suggestion would be to reach out to a local marina that services that engine make for further assistance
  • cdrny12
    Options
    Thanks for the response but I am a firm believer that I need to know how to repair and service all my equipment.  To elaborate further I have power to the relay/starter.  Will spin when jumped with a screwdriver, will not engage to spin motor.  Before taking off I decided to check the gear shift when I noticed it was not locking in place.  I am pretty certain there is a sensor here that will not allow you to start when in gear.
  • cdrny12
    Options
    I am looking for a schematic for this shifter and locking tab.  To fix the problem of it not locking into neutral.
  • cdrny12
    Options
    More likely than not the bendix will need replacement on the starter.  Will know when i take this off.  Still have problem with the shifter. This is a suzuki flush mount shifter going to an 06 df115 suzuki motor. Since I have removed the handle and four screws holding a large retangular #$%^ where the locking tab wire goes as does the shifting cables. Removed speaker to access hole where this dropped to.  Cannot get out of opening.  I do not dare to remove cables without knowing what the #%^& I am doing.  The box is labled press here to open.  Does anyone know where I can find a schematic for this.  
  • thurricane
    thurricane Administrator Posts: 500 admin
    Options
    the engine manufacture would have this shifter diagram

• cdrny12
    Options
    I have been surfing the web all day while trying to fulfill my 14hrs of continuing education. The rectangular object is a control box,  suzuki flushmount control box #67200-93J34.  I was wrong prior the cable from lever itself goes down to the wire harness, so as it feels. Makes sense being there is a tilt and trim button here as well.  Can not see.  Thinking now this control box that I removed but left connected has nothing to do with this safety locking tab on the lever.  Looking at the lever it does not appear that I can take this apart to have a look.  So, yes I have been searching for this diagram from suzuki. A dog chasing her tail.  Upon doing so I have learned that there is a safety switch on the engine to check.  I found a picture and am going back out to have a look all the while doing my 14hrs of continuing education. Yeah for schooling, I finally get time to work on my boat.