Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Teetering on trailer (new owner)

SteveG75
SteveG75 Member Posts: 2
So, we just bought a new 191 OB. Dealer provided the trailer. 

We were launching it last night and when I loosened the ratchet on the trailer winch the bow moved up about a foot and the boat was teetering on the trailer. Seemed very unstable. 

Please look at attached pic of boat on trailer. I am wondering if the bunks are too short at the rear. 

Comments

• TenaciousTom
    TenaciousTom Member Posts: 1
    Yes, we had the very same thing happen yesterday with our first launch. All I could pic was it sliding off prematurely. So I just kept it hooked up till I backed in and had it floating. Also seems like you really have to submerge the trailer to get it off. I'm coming from a small center console that didn't require that much water. 
  • SteveG75
    SteveG75 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. The trailer manufacturer is just an hour away so I am going to call them Monday. I was thinking that I could get the bunks extended a foot further back. Or, I could move the winch up 6” to 8”.