Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Securing Seat Cushions

Options
kylepaul
kylepaul Member Posts: 9
I have a SD 217 I/O and was wondering if anyone had designed an effective way to secure the seat cushions in the boat  so that they remain in place while trailering without having to cover the boat with a travel cover.  I am surprised that Hurricane has not addressed this problem since most other manufacturers have a strap/snap system to ensure the cushions don't blow out while on the highway. 

Comments

• Epavuk
    Epavuk Member Posts: 26
    Options
    kylepaul wrote:

I have a SD 217 I/O and was wondering if anyone had designed an effective way to secure the seat cushions in the boat  so that they remain in place while trailering without having to cover the boat with a travel cover.  I am surprised that Hurricane has not addressed this problem since most other manufacturers have a strap/snap system to ensure the cushions don't blow out while on the highway. 

I just took my new SS 188 OB today for only the third time and had a problem with the seat back cushion coming off. It did it in the water when I'd hit a wake then again on the way home while on the trailer.  Please post if you've figured it out! 
  • kylepaul
    Options
    I am going to try to install a strap threaded underneath the back cushion and tie it down to the grab handle.  I will let you know what I come up with and hopefully it will work out. 
  • kylepaul
    Options
    I finally got around to installing something to keep the seats in.  I ended up using some simple battery tie down brackets and attaching two for each front seat, one just behind the cushion and one below and then 1 behind the back cushion.  I then used 1 inch nylon strapping and ran it through the two tie downs to keep the seats in place.  I hope the pictures clarify what I did.  So far it works like a charm.
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Options
  • jerry226
    jerry226 Member Posts: 15
    Options
    I bought industrial Velcro and mine stay put.  Stick to bottom, staple to top.

2006 Hurricane 188

2003 Yamaha 130 hp

2004 Trailmaster tandom axle with surge brakes

• CaptainChris
    CaptainChris Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Options
    My back seat, which is the length of the inside of the boat, flew out while traveling on a four lane highway. Now I always trailer with a travel cover. Annoying that it is necessary. Thanks for the suggestions.