Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Yamaha F150TXR on Sun Deck 2200

callforbids
callforbids Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
Does anyone out there have a SunDeck 2200 with a Yamaha 150 horsepower four stroke? If so, do you feel it is adequate horsepower for that boat?
Time to get on plane with 6 or 8 passengers
WOT speed
Gas mileage at 4000 RPM
Thanks

Comments

• smiley
    smiley Member Posts: 34
    Don't know your boat,

The 195 with the yama 4 stroke 115 is definitely under powered at full load, knew it going in wanted better range and fuel consumption. When loaded for a week onboard it barely gets on a plane, coming home empty it hums along fine.

Comparable weights between the two boats?
  • Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭

Does anyone out there have a SunDeck 2200 with a Yamaha 150 horsepower four stroke? If so, do you feel it is adequate horsepower for that boat?

While boat shopping we tested a 2200, but it had a Yamaha F225 on it.  That motor seemed to push it along nicely.  I'd say that a 150 would be pretty underpowered for the 2200.  Its a heavy boat (I think its over 4000 lbs.) 

On my 2100 Sundeck (same as the 217) with the F150, my best cruising speed is around 21-23 mph at around 3500 rpm and I'm getting around 4.5 mpg.  At 4000 rpm I'm cruising at around 26-28 mph and getting around 4 mpg.  Those figures are with 2 people on board.  The numbers would most definitely drop with 6-8 people on board.

I haven't tested the fuel mileage since I installed my Smart Tabs and 4 blade prop, but I'd guess that with the tabs and new prop, that I'm running more efficiently.

2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner