Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Replaceing Bilge Pump

ontherox
ontherox Member Posts: 4
Hi, I'm looking to replace the bilge pump on a Fundeck 201 outboard. The bilge is located just under the back seats but is only accessible through a couple of 6 inch holes in front of the engine, or maybe through the battery port. I can barley reach it with my hands and I can?t see it when I do this. Any tips on getting at this thing. And any recommendations on a new pump? Model Year 2000.

Comments

• ontherox
    ontherox Member Posts: 4

OK I did it. Access can be had through the two port holes in front of the engine.  It pays to have long thin arms and patience. I used the battery port to mount a flash light to illuminate the pump so I could see the screws (that took a bit of finagling, having a second person holding it is better).  There were four screws holding the housing down. One is in the back (of course) and I could only just barely see it through the port that the motor wires run out of.  I had to essentially do that one by feel alone.   As it turns out the pump needed a new cartridge and that just unscrews from the top of the housing, but it’s almost impossible to do that in place.  The pump cartridge is a 1000 gpm Johnson, got it on Amazon $35.