Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Transducer

tone100
tone100 Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
 Hi. I just purchased a new 2011 188 OB. The boat didn't come with a depth finder or fish finder. I was curious where the transducer is located on boats that come with one from the factory. Are they transom mounted or thru hull? Any pics would help as well.
2011 SS 188 OB
Yamaha F150

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi tone100,

I'm copying the response post from another forum for the benefit of the Hurricane group on this forum:

"I have the optional in-dash depth gauge (Faria) that I had ordered from the factory as a back-up to my fishfinder/sonar unit. It has served me well so far.  The transducer is mounted on the interior of the hull, not punched through it as there isn't a fitting on the exterior of the hull that I've seen (although the I/O gives me better access to the interior of my hull, I haven't found where they located the transducer yet). 

I frequently look to see if there is a difference in the readings between my fishfinder/sonar, which has a transom mounted transducer, and the in-dash. Rarely has there been a difference in the readings (maybe a tenth of a foot only if off at all)."
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Hey tone100...double-checking transducer position on that boat...