Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

SS 203 mooring cover

Vandy
Vandy Member Posts: 2
I just ordered a new SS 203. I do not like snap on covers. Any recommendations for a cover that has a ratchet strap rather than rope? We live in Florida and it will live in a boat lift exposed to a very direct west sunset.

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Obviously Hurricane doesn't offer what you're looking for and I doubt there is an aftermarket solution either (At least none I've seen).  Your best bet might be to see if there is a marine upholstery shop in your area.  Any marina will have connections to services like this and hopefully good recommendations.  

My previous boat needed a replacement cover (the original wasn't a mooring cover, it was a trailer cover).  I decided to leave my boat in a slip for the season and needed a new cover to assume "mooring" duties.  However, I also wanted the flexibility of being able to trailer the boat with the cover on (snaps alone wouldn't work),  I went to a local marine upholstery shop, that was highly recommended, and got a cover that was the best of both worlds, chose Sunbrella fabric and could not have been happier.  The shop owner was very flexible in the way I wanted the cover to function, offered great suggestions (based on "tried and true" experience) and seemed very experienced in designing it (she probably has heard it all over the years}.  It had a combination of snaps and rope and functioned perfectly for me (not necessarily what you probably want to hear)  The cover ran about $600.00.

Just a suggestion.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Great suggestion...some of the best marine upholstery shops in the world located in Florida.