Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.
How can I get add a livewell to my 1994 196?
TwinDad Member Posts: 0 ✭
I have aquired a 1994 196. It did not come with the livewell (even though the switch for one is installed) as it is not the fishing package. I would like to add one. So...can you get one made to fit this boat? The pictures in the owners manual and brochure that came with it (the guy that bought it originally kept everything) show it installed in the deck just forward of the storage locker. Do the newer model livewells fit older models? I am pretty handy...Is it something I can install myself? Since it has the switch I assume that it was an otion on this boat, and if I can get my hands on one it can be done. Any help?
Hey TwinDad...checking with engineering on this one. Not sure if anyone has been down this road, but we'll see. Is this a SunDeck or a FunDeck, by the way? Anyone else tackled this project on their 196?
TwinDad...here's the response from Hurricane Engineering:
This is a very difficult item to install after market. There is a water tank and all the plumbing is installed below the deck prior to deck set.
We've have had dealers attempt to add – very labor intensive. (due to access)
- 3.8K All Categories
- 37 Hurricane Photo Gallery
- 1.5K General Discussions on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 302 General Questions on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 334 Hurricane Deck Boat Engine Discussions
- 616 Electrical System Discussions for Hurricane Deck Boats
- 15 Latest News on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 694 Hurricane Deck Boat Support
- 117 Buy & Sell Used Hurricane Deck Boats, Parts & Accessories