Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

How to plug the hole with after removing the ski post.

Options
dfleck76
dfleck76 Member Posts: 3
I have a 2003 GS211 Fundeck. I recently figured out the secret to removing the ski post, but I want to know if there is something to plug the hole with after the post has been removed.

Best Answers

Answers

• Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Options
    Hey dfleck...Hurricane doesn't make a plug like you're describing. You'll need to go aftermarket or get something custom made.
  • dfleck76
    Options
    Any idea if there is some kind of aftermarket item for this?

• dfleck76
    Options
    Nquirk, thats exactly what im looking for. Thanks for the info!
  • Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm wondering if anyone has replaced the fixed pole with a telescoping pole like on some of the other Hurricane models?  I'd love to be able to get the pole out of the way when I'm not using it.
    2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Options
    @ErnestT ... Seems like we had another post about this and the engineers said they didn't recommended this conversion. I'll see if I can track it down.
  • BobbyM
    BobbyM Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello there!  Can someone inform me of the "secret to removing the ski post'?  I have a 2007 GS172. Never used the pole and it's finally driven me nuts with a new cover.  Any assistance is appreciated ;-)
  • nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @BobbyM.  I've had a 2002 GS170 and I'm certain that if you remove the back seat cover (I believe there are 2 screws holding it in place)  From there, you should see an access port that will provide access to the mounting screws for the ski post.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer