Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.
Running on fumes
I wonder how far my Hurricane boat can go with the fuel gauge on empty? Took some friends to dinner last night. 1st on-the-water cafe we stopped at told us 1 1/2 hr wait for table, but they had lots of empty tables!? Plus, the gas dock was closed at 7:00pm, still broad daylight on a Saturday. So we ran on down the lake a few more miles to what turned out to be a wonderful new place where we had never eaten, then headed home in the dark. Gas gauge was initially jumping between 1/4 and E, but soon it quit jumping. I got up on plane and throttled back to 4000rpm, figured I would get as close to home as I could before it quit. For a half hour we cruised along on Empty, and pulled into the slip still under power. Hooray for whoever calibrated the fuel gauge, I'll never do that again!
- 3.7K All Categories
- 37 Hurricane Photo Gallery
- 1.5K General Discussions on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 293 General Questions on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 333 Hurricane Deck Boat Engine Discussions
- 611 Electrical System Discussions for Hurricane Deck Boats
- 15 Latest News on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 690 Hurricane Deck Boat Support
- 114 Buy & Sell Used Hurricane Deck Boats, Parts & Accessories