Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

What have people experienced with the Bamboo Carpet?

Options
kelleherk
kelleherk Member Posts: 3
edited June 2013 in General Discussions
I recently bought Sundeck 2400 OB with the "Optional Bamboo Snap-in Decking". (Picture on this page http://204.232.205.47/~nauticgl/gallery/colors/HurricaneSD-SS-Styling.jpg)  What is the deal with this carpeting? What experience have people had with respect to longevity and robustness of it? We use the boat every few days and taking the carpet on and off to dry is a pain in the neck. Is it OK to just leave it on all the time ..... will it grow mildew on the rubber backing or is it mildew resistant?

Comments

• rbparri
    rbparri Member Posts: 3
    Options
    I just installed the carpet on mine two weeks ago so I can't answer you question about longevity...but it sure looks nice!
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Options
    @kelleherk ... here's the response from Terri in Hurricane Customer Support: 

Many customers leave this in the boat at all times with basic cleaning.  I have not had any reports of mildew or backing issues.
  • nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is my 4th season with the optional snap in carpet.  No issues.  I remove it in the fall, shampoo and dry.  I try to let them air/sun dry after days of use on the water but can't always do that and I end up covering it for the week and return with no issues.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • fldanny
    fldanny Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    Options
    Im looking to buy some snap in carpet where can you purchase? Im in Orlando FL
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Options
    @fldanny ... not sure what boat you have, but if that configuration was available with a snap-in carpet option, you can easily order a set through your local dealer. Start with www.bmcboats.com