Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

I have a new 2013 24 sun deck and my toilet does not work.

gill
gill Member Posts: 1
We just bought a new 24 sun deck with a 250 Yamaha, the toilet has a switch on the dash to activate power to the toilet. When u activate the switch and try to use the toilet it barely turns. I took it back to the dealer and was told the wiring to the switch was not sufficient enough to carry the proper amps to run the toilet pump motor. I find this strange since this is a new boat. They ran a wire straight from the battery to the pump with a battery switch between the battery and toilet so you could turn toilet off. Now I have a switch on the helm labeled toilet that does not work, mechanic also recommend a second battery. Hard to understand this problem when the boat is brand new and I just spend $60,000 for a boat with a toilet that should work.

Answers

• donnapla
    donnapla Member Posts: 4
    I have a 2012 2400 sundeck boat with a 250 yamaha and my toilet will not flush.  I was told by the dealer that it is the electric plate next to the toilet that is not sending the proper signals.  They are replacing it today.  Hope this helps. 
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    @gill ... here's the response from Terri in Hurricane Customer Support: 

Please contact the selling Dealer – they will work with Hurricane to resolve and trouble shoot this for you.
  • delhaven
    delhaven Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    Is this a problem with all Hurricanes with electric flush toilets or are these two just isolated installation errors?
  • Capt_Steve
    This is the first time I've heard about this issue...weird coincidence, I guess.
  • Capt_Steve
    @delhaven ... have you taken delivery of your 2400 yet? 
  • delhaven
    I'm surprised you remembered me. Thank you Capt Steve. I think this 2400 is scheduled to go into production the end of July. Not really sure because the dealer can't seem to get a firm shipment date from the factory. We're looking forward to getting the Hurricane, even though I'm still concerned about the number of quality isues I read about on the Owners Site. We've owned 14 boats, all high quality design and manufacture. Even then, we had some issues, but those issues were always handled properly by the dealer and manufacturer. So I'm trusting that Nautic Globe takes care of their customers in a fair and timely manner. I realize it's a boat and boats inherently have problems. So, it's how those problems are resolved that counts.
  • Capt_Steve
    @delhaven ... Well, I guess it's unusual for a boat manufacturer to actually host an open forum and encourage an uncensored dialogue. But that should tell you something about the confidence they have in the products and dealer service network. I've worked with nearly every boat manufacturer in one way or another over the past 13 years, and can assure you that Hurricane is at the top of the list in terms of quality and support. Point being, I guess, is that you don't always hear back from the silent majority of happy, satisfied boat owners! Here's hoping you will enjoy that great boat without any issues. But if you do, you know where to find us.
  • delhaven

We are anxious to take delivery of the 2400. There are very few Hurricanes on the West Coast. Saw a few last week on two of our mountain lakes, but have never seen one where we live, on the shores of the Pacific Ocean. This boat will be seen as it will be in front of our home and we get lots of  boaters slowly cruising by. I did hear from the dealer. The boat is scheduled to leave the factory at the end of July. We'll let you know how it looks and how it runs once we get it. And thanks again for acknowledging our concerns.

• Capt_Steve
    @delhaven .. Absolutely ... will be anxious to hear back from you on this. And to see pics upon delivery!
  • gchills
    gchills Member Posts: 1
    I have a new 2400 OB with the electric toilet.  If flushed the toilet will not shut off-just continually runs and floods the head.  Boat is 4 months old and has been to the dealer twice. They even replaced the toilet with a new unit and it did th same thing. The dealer is stumped.  The dealer is going to have a "serious talk" with Hurricane.
  • EdPhil2
    EdPhil2 Member Posts: 4
    I 'm seriously considering purchasing a Hurricane but reconsidering if my wife cant use the toilet, as that was a big selling point for her