Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.
SD2000 Performance Issues
I have a 2012 Hurricane SD2000 that I bought brand new. It has the Yamaha F150 o/b. When I first bought it I was having performance issues with prop cavitation, extremely hard to get "out of the hole" and up on a plane and I could not touch the trim from full down without the prop cavitating and losing bite. The dealer tried different props and eventually contacted Hurricane. After much discussion I was told I have a "hook" in the hull which was causing the water flow below the boat to deflect downward away from the prop. The motor was lowered as low as it could and still had the same problem. The dealer and Hurricane considered installing a Jack Plate to get the motor lower but it would not work so they eventually installed a 5" extension kit on the motor and a longer (30") shaft. Afterwards I was getting better performance but now it is too low in the water and I get excessive spray kicking up behind the boat. I have had the motor raised to the highest settings and still get the spray behind the boat. I love the boat but hate the way the motor looks now and I cant get rid of the spray from behing the boat. Is anyone else experiencing this or did I get stuck with a lemmon?
- 3.7K All Categories
- 37 Hurricane Photo Gallery
- 1.5K General Discussions on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 293 General Questions on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 333 Hurricane Deck Boat Engine Discussions
- 611 Electrical System Discussions for Hurricane Deck Boats
- 15 Latest News on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 690 Hurricane Deck Boat Support
- 114 Buy & Sell Used Hurricane Deck Boats, Parts & Accessories