Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Fresh water not working

Options
2»

Comments

• QuPhilip
    QuPhilip Member Posts: 5
    Options
    I found my freshwater pump behind the fiberglass compartment where my cooler goes. It’s under my sink. You need to remove the fiberglass compartment to gain access to the sidewall where the pump resides.  I bought the same pump on Amazon and it’s been working ever since. 
  • mrmotoguzzi00
    mrmotoguzzi00 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm flirting with the idea of moving my pump over there as well.... I did manage to pull it out after my neighbor shamed me into crawling in there... bracket is pitiful...  pieces of it all over the place...  Honestly not sure I can blame Hurricane for this,  this same is bracket is shown in the Artis Spec... 

Couple of pictures...

Looks to me like it's broken for a long time....
    So it's a ... Artis Products

POWER DRIVE SERIES 1 RV FRESH WATER PUMP

Product ID:PDS1-130-1240E

When I did finally find this model on google they are on back order... awesome :)
    Being impatient I found some alternatives... 
    Hhhhmm Artis has the next model up but its for 60 psi not 45...  This extra psi gonna turn my head into a bidet ?  

https://artisproducts.com/products/power-drive-series-1-rv-fresh-water-pump

Found this shurflo... nice metal bracket with rubber standoff's...  hhhmmm...

https://www.amazon.com/Shurflo-2088-554-144-Fresh-Gallons-Minute/dp/B00C1M6B1C/ref=sr_1_4?crid=7TFH2G9BYGO4&dchild=1&keywords=artis+water+pump&qid=1611887484&sprefix=artis+water+,automotive,179&sr=8-4

Gonna talk to my boat buddy tomorrow... see what he thinks...

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some points before you pull the trigger on a replacement pump.

Below is the pump on my boat.  It services the galley and head sinks and the rear washdown sprayer.

The pump had too high a pressure for the sink spray heads, lock the spray head in the constant-on position and you got a full upper body bath from the force full spray hitting the sink basin.  The specs for it are shown in the image below.  I had to put flow restrictor washers in them to tame the spray output.  The rear washdown spray was kinda  "OK" for passenger washdown (actually a little weak for my expectations), but definitely not forceful enough for me to use as a deck washdown (most often used to washdown my swim platform and when cleaning the deck).  I changed the rear washdown sprayer to a jet spray head with built-in shut off valve.  The modifications worked to better meet my expectations and satisfaction.

There's a post on this condition on the forum.  Here's a link if you're interested: 

https://hurricaneboats.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/972/faucet-pressure-issues#latest

Jabsco Par-Max 2.9 gallon per minute image.

Spray head conversion. 

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• rinrin
    rinrin Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, just got a 2400 with 250hp outboard. The boat look very good. It seems to me that the water pump is not working since I turn the freshwater button and the light is on but not water coming out. My original assessment was that needed to fill the tank which I did. Still not water coming out. Can anybody please give me an advise on this I an relative new to this boat. Thanks
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does "just got" mean your boat is a 2021 model year 2400?

Having the switch light come on means you have current through the switch.  You may have one of the following:

1) Poor electrical connection to the fresh water pump.
    2) Faulty water pump (usually you can hear it turn on when you turn on the switch (usually a humming noise) that needs replacement.
    3) Faulty or broken water hose connection by the pump or other hose fitting.  You may see water coming into the bilge area if this is occurring when you turn the pump on.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• smerriam99
    smerriam99 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi All, 

I'm a new boat owner today and just received shipment of my 2020 SD 2486.  Unfortunately, I did not test the fresh water when I went and looked at the boat.  This evening I filled the tank, turned on the fresh water switch and nothing.  Lesson learned the hard way.  Boat only has 30 hours on it too.  Anyway, if anyone has and suggestions on where the pump is on this model boat it would be greatly appreciated. Based on the above my 1st shot appears to be the starboard stern.  I am new to boating and find it concerning how little the owner's manuals provide for these types of items.  I was also told by my marina that I must have an auto setting on my bilge that they will keep on 100% of the time, racked or not (also directly wired to battery).  I assumed being a late model boat it would have the auto setting but as far as I can tell it does not.  Again, owners manual is not very helpful here, but it does seem that some models do.  I digress and need to stay on topic with the water pump here.  Thanks!
  • QuPhilip
    QuPhilip Member Posts: 5
    Options
    If your boat has a sink with a compartment below it for a cooler storage area, like mine, I found the freshwater pump behind the compartment. You will need to remove the cooler compartment to gain access to the pump, but it is relatively easy to access once it is removed.  The pump was less than $100 if I recall correctly.  I replaced mine and it has been working for the last few years without any issues. Hope this helps. 
  • JUANPUENTES
    JUANPUENTES Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi 
    I have a 2008 SD2000.........Does anybody know where the freshwater pump is located..........?