Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Buzzing relays behind the dashboard

Options
Hello All
Would appreciate an expert advise on my issues. I bought a 2004 SD 187. From the beginning bilge pump did not operate in Auto - only in manual. I knew there was some work done by the previous owner - and it was not a 'nice' work. I noticed that a brown/red wire with a fuse was connected to the 'negative' on the battery that looked weird. From the wiring diagram i confirmed it should go to 'positive'. Just for precaution i measured resistance between positive and that wire 
(already disconnected from negative) and it was pretty high. So... i connected that brown/red wire to positive... And something happened that i cannot revert back. On the switch panel - any switch i turn on juts gives a buzzing sound from the back of the dash board. Bilge does not work, stereo - blinks.. The engine will start however. 
I think i lost the ground somehow but cannot find - where. 
I would greatly appreciate any advise. I was thinking bad relays but two going bad same time - suspicious..
Thanks!

Comments