Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Helm Secure Storage Lock

Options
anchor1
anchor1 Member Posts: 12
I recently purchased a 2002 fundeck 201 gs I/O. It has a keyed secure storage space under the helm seat. The prior owner lost the key. Any hint how to get a replacement key so I can access the space and see what is there.

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

You have a few options,.  If the lock is numbered, take the number to your local dealer and see if Hurricane can connect you with the information for the lock supplier.  They should be able to provide (if they still manufacture the lock) a matching key.

Second option is to contact a locksmith and have them open the lock.  They may be able to make a key but most likely you'll need to replace the tumbler (if possible) and get a new tumbler/key.

Last option is to drill it out, and replace entire lock assembly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Options
    @anchor1 ... checking with Hurricane to see if they have info on manufacturer.
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Options
    @anchor1 ... here's the response from Terri in Hurricane Customer Support: 

The only thing to do would be to install an new locking assembly with a new key. The 02 item is no longer available.