Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Various GS170 ?'s

Options
Flyingscot
Flyingscot Member Posts: 3

My '04 GS170 w/ 90hp Yamaha 2 stroke has a place in the port side between the seats that looks like perhaps a cooler should fit in it.  Did Hurricane ever make one to fit that space ?

Where can I get original Owners Manual ? 

Also, what is most common cause of fuel gage failure?  Mine reads full all the time, although on one outing I did get it to register 1/2 tank, and the needle moved when I rocked the boat, so it seems everything does work, but only intermittently. I WD-40'ed the connection terminals @ both ends, but no luck.

Love the boat !!  Does anyone make a replacement snap-in carpet for the GS-170 ?

JKD

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options

On the GS170 cooler question, absolutely a cooler fits there.  In fact there should be a stainless steel loop on either side that a bungee cord would connect to that would prevent it from sliding around.  I wish I could remember the exact size (I believe its a 25 quart cooler) but it is made by igloo.

If you measure the dimensions of the area, you can certainly get one to fit, or contact your Hurricane dealer and they can provide you the exact replacement.  This size/style was still included on many Hurricane models in recent years.

Fuel gauge failures are pretty common (on all boats, not just Hurricane).  Could be a variety of issues including wiring, gauge itself, or the sending unit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Options
    @Flyingscot ... shoot me an email to thecaptsteve@mail.com, and I can send you a PDF copy of the owner's manual.