Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Front Hatch Door Failure

Options
keenanstahl
keenanstahl Member Posts: 5

I have a 2008 SD195.  I bought the boat new in 2010.  After almost 3 years, I have about 130 hours on it.  Love the boat and 2011 ETEC 150.  They have both exceeded my expectations.   About a month ago I stepped into the boat and darn near lost my balance.  It happened a few more times and then I noticed the hatch for the ski stow area seemed "spongy".  Upon closer inspection, I see a crack on the bottom of the door along the length of the door on the hinge side.  The crack is under the foam weatherstrip.  The fiberglass is still good, but whatever they put behind the fiberglass to make it rigid has failed.  I’m worried someone is going to fall as they step down into the boat.  Any chance this is covered under warranty?

I'll post some pictures when I can.

Comments

• keenanstahl
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Here are some pictures:
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Options
    @keennanstahl ... what's the dealer saying about this? Hard to answer the warranty question until they have a look and evaluate. 
  • keenanstahl
    Options
    I sent the photos and they told me it was out of warranty because its an 08 model.  I reminded them it is was purchased in 2010 and haven't heard back.  It is not clear to me what section of the warranty covers this type of failure.  I suspect it may not be clear to them either.

I am very happy with the dealer so far.  First class service and sales.  They have a huge inventory of boats, motors, parts and accessories.  I kind of forgot what it was like to do business with a "brick and mortar" storefront versus online shopping.  Just wish they were closer (2 hours from home and 4 hours from my cabin).
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Options
    @keenanstahl ... shoot an email to Terri and she can verify warranty details for you. tgipson@nauticglobalgroup.com. Let her know your conversation with the dealer. Probably wouldn't hurt to go ahead and attach these pics when you email her.
  • keenanstahl
    Options
    Thanks for the prompt responses.  I'll contact Terri.
  • keenanstahl
    Options
    As a follow up for other members this part carries a 1 year warranty from date of purchase.  I am inquiring with the dealer about the cost of a replacement.  I will make a decision whether to replace or repair after I found out.

=D> Thanks to "Capt_Steve" and "Terri" for the quick follow up. =D>
  • duplicated
    duplicated Member Posts: 2
    Options

Mine cracked too.  I ended up screwing down pieces of sub floor underneath it to support weight.  So far it's held up like a charm. I will send pics soon.