Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

SKI STORAGE

BWH
BWH Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
In earlier post there was discuission about ski lockers/in floor storage not being long enough to store skis.   As with many others, my storage is not large enough for skis.   Would like to hear or see how folks are storing their skis.   2006 FD GS 194

Comments

• BWH
  • jt3kids
    jt3kids Member Posts: 15 ✭✭

I have a 2004 fundeck 201 gs.  plenty of room for skis.  not sure the length, but they look adult size
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭

Just to be clear, this issue mostly relates to boats under 20 ft.

I haven't heard of 20ft and over models having this issue.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• BAR42
    BAR42 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    The ski locker on my SS-188 can't fit my skis.  I'm about ready to cut a small slot in the back wall of the locker (low on the back wall).  I would insert the tail end of a ski into the slot - just ~2" is all I need to get the nose of the ski into the locker.  Once each ski is in the locker, it can lay flat.  The locker opening is simply not large enough.  I'll probably have to lay down in the locker to reach the back wall.  I'm not excited about that!
  • BWH
    BAR42, pretty drastic, but have at it.  We just continue to fight with them on deck.  Good luck, would love to see pictures if/when you decide to move forward. 
  • HydroCanis
    HydroCanis Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Yeah, if somebody sees you lying in the locker they'll definitely take pictures!
    David
    2003 Sundeck 217 OB, Yamaha 150 2 Stroke
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6

• rdcastle
    rdcastle Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    My 2001 GS 201 has a ski locker big enough for two adults to completely get inside of. It's almost too big to easily reach into the bottom of it. I had to mount my boat hook under the lid to be able to easily retrieve it.
    Rob Castle
    2001 Hurricane GS201 FD
    Yamaha 150 V6 2 Stroke, Oil Injection
  • tractor_17
    tractor_17 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Bar42, did you cut the locker?  I have the same boat/issue.  If so how did it work out/pictures?