Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Power Switches

Options

I must have the worst luck with things coming off my 2012 SS 188 during towing.   So far I've lost 2 deck plates (I fixed it by replacing the ring that it screws into), a bench (fixed it by valcroing them down), the plastic cover on the stereo, the Hurricane sticker on the steering wheel, and this weekend, my master power switch!   I don't get it.  I don't go over 55 mph and tow it on smooth highways.  Fortunately, the switch stayed in the boat but I can't seem to get it to snap back on.  Very fustrating!  Guess it's back to the dealer before my warranty expires!    Is it just me or is this common? 

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @epavuk, its odd you mention this.  Two other posters have complained about switch damage on their boats.  I'm wondering if Hurricane received a bum batch of switches.  There is a post in the middle of the switch that it clips to.  It should clip quite easily and if not, the switch must be broken and getting the dealer to replace it is a good thing.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Options
    @Epavuk ... let us know if you don't get this revolved through the dealer.
  • Epavuk
    Epavuk Member Posts: 26
    Options
    Thanks guys!   I'm sure the dealer will take care of it.  I have to take it in for the one year motor maintenance anyway.